Please watch this page as it will be updated as new information is made available.
Registration is now open for the 2020/2021 Ringette Season. While we don’t know all the details about what the season will look like here is what we currently do know:
- Delta Ringette is following the rules and guidelines set by ViaSport, Ringette BC and the City of Delta
- At this point no competition/game play is allowed on the ice. To begin the season, all ice times will focus on individual skills (like skating and passing) and physical distancing will be strictly enforced.
What You Can Do
To ensure the health and safety of all, you may see a shift in the way you interact with your coaches and your team members this season.
Before You Arrive
Prepare Ahead of Time
As you return to Ringette you must know how to keep yourself and your teammates safe:
- Read and understand all communications.
- Contact your coach or COVID-19 Safety Officer if you have any questions
- Ensure you have signed any and all waivers, and daily health check assessments before you arrive at the ice.
- Be prepared with a water bottle that is labelled and hard, plastic skate guards.
- RSVP at least 48 hours prior to any ringette acticity.
Stay up to date by reading emails and communications as we move through the different stages of Returning to Ringette.
At the rink
1. Masks must be worn in the arenas. Players may remove their masks once they put their helmets on and coaches may remove masks once on the ice.
2. Be sure to sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the building.
3. Complete your health check on TeamSnap and stay home if you’re sick.
4. To reduce congestion we’re asking parents to stay out of dressing rooms. Younger athletes are asked to come to the rink dressed.
5. Spectators are permitted to watch but masks must be worn and please be respectful by giving others space and keeping spectators to a minimum.
Stay home if you are sick
In accordance with DRA/RBC’s sick policy, players, coaches, volunteers and family members showing symptoms of COVID-19 may be prohibited from the arena.
- If you are experiencing symptoms stay home.
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 should contact their health care provider or 811 for advice on self-isolation and testing.
- Anyone who has come in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must follow the direction of Public Health
- Report all instances of any of the above to the COVID-19 Safety Officer.
What DRA Has Done
In preparation for your return to Ringette, Delta Ringette has implemented a number of counter measures and policies:
With the support from Ringette BC, City of Delta, and the DRA Board, we continue to mitigate the risk of exposure to our ringette family by:
- Identifying areas where people gather, such as dressing rooms, washrooms and benches;
- Identifying tools and equipment that players share while on ice, rings, goalie equipment;
- Identifying surfaces that people touch often doorknobs, water fountains, ice doors, elevators.
- All non-players are required to wear a mask when in the building or sport court area. Coaches are not required to wear a mask on the ice.
- Should an injury occur the coach will wear a mask and gloves if/when the physically distancing barrier is broken between the coach and athlete.
Clean and Disinfect
- The facility is responsible for cleaning/sanitizing the common use areas, including dressing rooms, washrooms and surfaces
- Coaches are responsible for cleaning any equipment or props used following each event.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the building.
Illness Policy & Attendance
Delta Ringette follows the Illness Policy provided by Ringette BC.
- Health screening questions must be answered by anyone entering the arena or sport court area.
- Attendance will be taken at any ringette activity.
- Attendance lists will be kept by the COVID-19 Safety Officer and provided to Ringette BC or Public Health should it be required.
Delta Ringette follows the Outbreak Response provided by Ringette BC
A COVID-19 Safety Officer has been appointed by the Board of Directors.
- DRA COVID-19 Safety Plan
- COVID-19 Outbreak Response
- Safety Measures and Consequences
- Ringette BC’s Return To Play plan
If you have any questions about the Return to Play plan, DRA’s COVID Safety protocols or registration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.